Timescale: 2019 – 2023 (47 months)
Funder: Interreg France (Channel) England Programme
Funding: ERDF funding € 29.9 million / Total project budget € 45.4 million
Project overview: The TIGER project will demonstrate that tidal stream energy is a maturing industry, capable of achieving an accelerated cost reduction pathway.
The project will build cross-border partnerships to develop new technologies, test and demonstrate up to 8 MW of new tidal capacity at a number of locations around the Channel region, and use the learning from this development to make a stronger, cost-effective case for tidal energy as part of the France/UK energy mix.
The project is the largest ever to be approved not only by the France (Channel) England Programme but by any Interreg programme.
- Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult, Cornwall, UK (Project lead)
- University of Exeter, Cornwall and Devon, UK
- University of Plymouth, Devon, UK
- University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
- Cambrian Offshore South West, Cornwall, UK
- Orbital Marine Power, Edinburgh, UK
- European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC), Orkney, UK
- EDF Hydro, Rennes, France
- NormandieHydroliennes, France
- SEENEOH, Bordeaux, France
- BretagneDeveloppementInnovation, France
- MorbihanHydroEnergiesSASU, France
- University of Caen Normandy, France
- University Le Havre Normandy, France
- University Bretagne Sud, France
- MinestoAB, Sweden
- QED Naval, Edinburgh, UK
Invitation by NORMANDIE HYROLIENNES to respond to the Request for Quotation for the installation and recovery of four ballast frames enclosing an ADCP and battery pack (The Assets). The four frames are to be deployed at 4 locations in Raz Blanchard which meet the installation parameters specified within a Tender Application Document.
Please contact Julian Moore (email@example.com) for further information.
Documents for download as of 28th May 2021:
Project website: www.InterregTiger.com