Timescale: 2019 – 2023 (47 months)
Funder: Interreg France (Channel) England Programme
Funding: ERDF funding € 29.9 million / Total project budget € 45.4 million
Project overview: The TIGER project will demonstrate that tidal stream energy is a maturing industry, capable of achieving an accelerated cost reduction pathway.
The project will build cross-border partnerships to develop new technologies, test and demonstrate up to 8 MW of new tidal capacity at a number of locations around the Channel region, and use the learning from this development to make a stronger, cost-effective case for tidal energy as part of the France/UK energy mix.
The project is the largest ever to be approved not only by the France (Channel) England Programme but by any Interreg programme.
- Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult, Cornwall, UK (Project lead)
- University of Exeter, Cornwall and Devon, UK
- University of Plymouth, Devon, UK
- University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
- Cambrian Offshore South West, Cornwall, UK
- Orbital Marine Power, Edinburgh, UK
- European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC), Orkney, UK
- EDF Hydro, Rennes, France
- NormandieHydroliennes, France
- SEENEOH, Bordeaux, France
- BretagneDeveloppementInnovation, France
- MorbihanHydroEnergiesSASU, France
- University of Caen Normandy, France
- University Le Havre Normandy, France
- University Bretagne Sud, France
- MinestoAB, Sweden
- QED Naval, Edinburgh, UK