|Job Title:||Operations Engineer|
|Employment Type:||Full-time, Permanent|
|Report Line:||Operations & Maintenance Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £38k based on experience|
At SIMEC Atlantis Energy (SAE) we have set ourselves an audacious goal of becoming one of the largest independent generators of sustainable energy in Europe. SAE is a global developer of renewable and sustainable energy projects with more than 1,000 megawatts of power projects in various stages of development which includes the world’s flagship tidal stream project, MeyGen.
Reporting to the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our team operating the world’s first tidal array to lead the array performance monitoring, operation and maintenance.
- Monitoring Array Production, assessing the conversion of tidal power to grid power against KPIs
- Implementing, reviewing and updating the Asset Management Strategy to maintain array availability and system efficiencies
- Turbine condition monitoring and assessment:
- Assessment and trending of time series data against system interdependencies
- Vibration monitoring of specific subcomponents
- Performing, implementing and automating fault finding of Tidal Turbines, HV switchgear, Power Converter Units & Protection Systems to return to production as quickly as possible
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Maintenance planning and co-ordination of onshore and offshore assets
- Administration and reporting against O&M budget demonstrating value for money
- Site control and co-ordination of works, onshore and offshore
- Ensuring business awareness and application of relevant industry standards, codes, regulations and specifications, e.g. electrical health and safety, grid codes, etc.
It is important that you:
- Have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, or equivalent qualifications
- Are knowledgeable in machine design and performance analysis
- Are experienced in the use of Matlab for data & signal processing
- Are experienced in the use of statistics in data analysis and presentation
- Have experience in the implementation of budget controls and administration to ensure an effective use of the company’s resources to achieve the highest level of array production
- Have excellent planning and time management, able to adapt to operational changes and plan accordingly
- Have significant experience of verbal and written technical communications including origination and verification of reports and specifications to a very high professional standard
- Are comfortable with regular travel to generating sites to support operation and maintenance activities
It would be great if you had:
- Experience in tidal, wind or other renewable energy systems
- An understanding of Electrical Engineering principals
- Experience with vibration monitoring software and assessment
- An understanding of machine learning techniques and processes
- Experience in the management of large data sets
We will offer you a competitive salary package and the opportunity to join us as a pioneer of Tidal Power Generation.
We will provide you with a dynamic environment to challenge your abilities and develop your skills.
Having a balanced life is important to us and we are always open to a conversation about how we can make our roles work for you in terms of how, when and where you work.
We also offer an enhanced suite of leave to support you through life events alongside enhanced pension contributions and supporting you to achieve professional qualifications.
When applying, please include your CV and a cover letter.
The closing date for all applications is Sunday, 26th April 2019 at 5pm (GMT).
Eligibility to Work
In accordance with UK legislation SIMEC Atlantis Energy as an employer, has a legal responsibility to prevent illegal working and therefore must check that all employees are entitled to work in the United Kingdom (UK).
To do so, we require to see original documents evidencing right to work in the UK before commencement of employment and this is normally carried out at interview.
This vacancy does not meet the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) criteria for sponsorship therefore the successful applicant must have the existing right to work in the UK or individual circumstances which enable permission to work to be obtained.
For further information about whether you require a visa and other visa routes please visit the GOV.UK website.