|Job Title:||Group Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality|
|Employment Type:||Full-time, Permanent|
|Report Line:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
At SIMEC Atlantis Energy (SAE) we have set ourselves an audacious goal of becoming one of the largest independent generators of sustainable energy in Europe. SAE is a global developer of renewable and sustainable energy projects with more than 1,000 megawatts of power projects in various stages of development which includes the world’s flagship tidal stream project, MeyGen, and the largest waste to energy conversion project in Europe, Uskmouth Power Station.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Group Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) is a critical, senior leadership role in the organisation, leading on all matters relating to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality. The company has a diversified portfolio of assets and projects across the UK spanning both marine (tidal and hydro) and waste to energy. Due to recent growth, we are looking for an exceptional health and safety practitioner with the experience to take our HSEQ strategy and culture to the next level.
If you have extensive experience of leading HSEQ in an industrial context and a proven track record in driving cultural improvement and people performance then we would love to hear from you.
- Lead on all strategic and operational matters relating to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality across the organisation
- Promote, develop and establish a positive safety culture within the Company, ensuring we meet our legal requirements
- Provide competent support and expert advice to stakeholders across the organisation
- Own, develop and implement HSE policy and strategy
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction in HSE best practice directly to the Board and Executive Management
- Manage the HSE Risk Governance process to report and challenge HSEQ performance. You will identify risk, resolve and continually drive improvements in HSEQ management
- Ensure operational integrity, overseeing all management systems and frameworks, ensuring operational integrity and running assurance to test and drive continuous improvement
- Design and implement training materials to embed HSEQ culture across the organisation
- Develop a proactive, visible and engaged HSEQ team that meets the needs of the business in achieving operational HSE excellence
- Engage external stakeholders and regulators to optimise HSE performance and enhance the reputation of SAE
- Manage the HSE budget with the divisional Directors and Finance
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance and renewal of essential operational licenses, including ISO compliance
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to Contract Managers on all HSE-related matters
- Rolling-out of Group HSE annual objectives and initiatives and assessment and reporting on company HSE compliance
- Monitoring best-practice and developing leading-edge HSE initiatives as appropriate to the business
- Development of a strong Client/Contract relationship during construction phase
It is important that you:
- Have extensive HSE experience in fabrication and construction, ideally in the renewable energy industry, both on and offshore
- Are a Chartered Safety Professional with suitable NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent qualification
- Have management systems experience eg. ISO standards, Achilles, CHAS
- Have extensive experience of developing behavioural change programmes, understanding human factors and measuring success
- Have good HSE audit skills and experience (auditor qualification preferred)
- Are familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Medically and physically fit to offshore standards
- Have a full and current EU Drivers Licence
- Have excellent spoken and written English
- Are able to travel regularly to our various locations across the UK and also internationally, as required
It would be great if you had:
- A degree in Science, Engineering or Chemical Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Offshore oil and gas and/or offshore renewable industry related experience
- A strong understanding of the CDM (2015) Regulations and their application to offshore and onshore construction
- Knowledge of UK offshore legislation
- Operational coal plant and/or plant conversion experience
- An HSE background within heavy industrial industries such as Energy from Waste, Biomass, Waste, Steel Works, Cement Plant, construction etc.
We will offer you a competitive salary package and a dynamic environment to challenge your abilities and develop your skills.
Having a balanced life is important to us and we are always open to a conversation about how we can make our roles work for you in terms of how, when and where you work.
We also offer an enhanced suite of leave to support you through life events alongside enhanced pension contributions and supporting you to achieve professional qualifications.
When applying, please include your CV and a cover letter.
The closing date for all applications is Sunday, 21st July 2019.
Eligibility to Work
In accordance with UK legislation SIMEC Atlantis Energy as an employer, has a legal responsibility to prevent illegal working and therefore must check that all employees are entitled to work in the United Kingdom (UK).
To do so, we require to see original documents evidencing right to work in the UK before commencement of employment and this is normally carried out at interview.
This vacancy does not meet the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) criteria for sponsorship therefore the successful applicant must have the existing right to work in the UK or individual circumstances which enable permission to work to be obtained.
For further information about whether you require a visa and other visa routes please visit the GOV.UK website.