|Job Title:||Digital Designer & Communications Manager|
|Employment Type:||Full-time, Permanent|
|Report Line:||Head of IT|
|Salary:||Up to £27k based on experience|
At SIMEC Atlantis Energy (SAE) we have set ourselves an audacious goal of becoming one of the largest independent generators of sustainable energy in Europe. SAE is a global developer of renewable and sustainable energy projects with more than 1,000 megawatts of power projects in various stages of development which includes the world’s flagship tidal stream project, MeyGen.
We are looking for a talented Digital Designer with experience in Communications and/or Digital Marketing to lead on our external communications strategy and content. You will be working closely with the CEO and senior team to help us create high quality content for social media and our stakeholders that will increase brand awareness, maximize engagement, and drive investment. These assets will include graphics, images, video and written content. Using your creative skills and working with the Head of IT and business development team, you will help to build a strong brand voice for our innovative sustainable energy company. You will own the company’s social media channels and grow online presence. You will also support the business with internal and external comms including event organization. This exciting, newly created role will suit someone who has an eye for detail and analytics but is also creative and a strong writer with good design skills and a passion for social media.
- Creating engaging digital assets for social media marketing
- Creating Infographics for social and presentations
- Shooting and editing corporate video
- Managing social channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & YouTube), responding to comments and driving organic growth.
- Working with a team to define and develop digital strategy
- Supporting the business with both internal and external communications and engagement strategies including event management
- Supporting senior management in developing collateral for investor relations and stakeholder management
It’s important that you have:
- Good design skills using Adobe CC (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign), demonstrated with portfolio of creative work
- Knowledge of and passion for social media
- Interest in Digital Marketing
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Great communication and prioritisation skills
- Understanding and experience of external communications strategy and channels
- The ability to travel as required for location shoots and events
- Eligibility to work in the UK
It would be great if you had:
- Video production skills (Camera techniques, Premiere Pro/Final Cut)
- Motion Graphics (After Effects/Motion)
- Web skills (HTML/WordPress/SEO/Google Analytics etc)
- Experience of investor relations communication
We will offer you a competitive salary package and a dynamic environment to challenge your abilities and develop your skills.
Having a balanced life is important to us and we are always open to a conversation about how we can make our roles work for you in terms of how, when and where you work.
We also offer an enhanced suite of leave policies to support you through life events alongside competitive pension contributions and support for professional qualifications.
When applying, please include your CV and a cover letter.
The closing date for all applications is Sunday, 19th May 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Eligibility to Work
In accordance with UK legislation SIMEC Atlantis Energy as an employer, has a legal responsibility to prevent illegal working and therefore must check that all employees are entitled to work in the United Kingdom (UK).
To do so, we require to see original documents evidencing right to work in the UK before commencement of employment and this is normally carried out at interview.
This vacancy does not meet the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) criteria for sponsorship therefore the successful applicant must have the existing right to work in the UK or individual circumstances which enable permission to work to be obtained.
For further information about whether you require a visa and other visa routes please visit the GOV.UK website.