|Job Title:||Corporate Finance Associate|
|Employment Type:||Full-time, Permanent|
|Office location:||Edinburgh (London based candidates will be considered)|
|Report Line:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Salary:||Up to £50k based on experience|
SIMEC Atlantis Energy (SAE) is an AIM-listed group focusing on the development and ownership of a diverse range of sustainable power generation assets. With several gigawatts of power projects in various stages of development, including the world’s flagship tidal stream project, SAE has set itself the goal of becoming one of the largest independent generators of sustainable energy in Europe. To support our continued growth, we are looking for a Corporate Finance Associate to be based in either our Edinburgh or London office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a pioneering company with a diverse and interesting renewables remit. We are seeking a highly motivated, competent and experienced Finance Associate to assist with our corporate and project financing activities.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, other employees across all our divisions, and third-party consultants to develop and maintain detailed financial models and assumptions books across our portfolio
- Monitor key project financial management performance indicators, identify areas for improvement, develop solutions and adjust tactics, policies and procedures to improve project and portfolio financial outcomes
- Establish and implement standards for project financial analytics and project go/no-go decisions. Identify and promote existing best practices in project modelling and directly communicate them to key stakeholders across the organization. Identify and communicate ways to improve project financial analysis process and metrics
- Support with capital raises as appropriate to facilitate further corporate growth
- Support mergers and acquisitions transactions as required
- Maintain an understanding of renewable energy support mechanisms in key markets
It is essential that you have:
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills
- At least 2 years’ experience in investment banking, funds management or financial advisory
- Strong understanding of, and ideally experience with, project finance
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen including contract skills
- A high level of presentation skills A strong ability to work autonomously and be able to communicate key requirements to colleagues and stakeholders
It is important that you have:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain professional stakeholder relationships
- The ability to work as part of a team and organise own workload to meet deadlines
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- The ability to work proactively with minimal guidance
- Be pragmatic and flexible, able to deal with change within a growing organisation
- Be fluent in English, other languages an advantage
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Be willing to travel nationally and internationally (near term travel requirements would be throughout the UK and western Europe)
It would be great if you had:
- Experience in power generation, particularly the renewables sector
- Education to degree level
- Understanding of corporate finance and accounting principles
London based applicants may be considered, although it is the preference that the Corporate Finance Associate be based in our Edinburgh headquarters.
We will offer you a competitive salary package and a dynamic environment to challenge your abilities and develop your skills.
We will provide you with a dynamic environment to challenge your abilities and develop your skills.
Having a balanced life is important to us and we are always open to a conversation about how we can make our roles work for you in terms of how, when and where you work.
We also offer an enhanced suite of leave policies to support you through life events alongside competitive pension contributions and support for professional qualifications.
When applying, please include your CV and a cover letter.
The closing date for all applications is Friday, 17th May 2019 at 5pm (GMT).
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Eligibility to Work
In accordance with UK legislation SIMEC Atlantis Energy as an employer, has a legal responsibility to prevent illegal working and therefore must check that all employees are entitled to work in the United Kingdom (UK).
To do so, we require to see original documents evidencing right to work in the UK before commencement of employment and this is normally carried out at interview.
This vacancy does not meet the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) criteria for sponsorship therefore the successful applicant must have the existing right to work in the UK or individual circumstances which enable permission to work to be obtained.
For further information about whether you require a visa and other visa routes please visit the GOV.UK website.