Suitable for consultants looking for a short term engagement or a consultancy.
|Type of Services||Electrical Power Systems Engineering.|
|Point of Contact:||Electrical and Controls Design Manager|
|Type of Engagement||Fixed term (6 months)|
|Rate and Terms:||Competitive based on capability|
SIMEC Atlantis Energy (SAE) is a global developer of renewable and sustainable energy projects, with more than 1,000 megawatts in development including MeyGen, the world’s flagship tidal stream generation project.
We have a requirement for a consultant to provide electrical engineering services to support tidal turbine generation electrical system design for a specific project within the Atlantis Turbines & Engineering Services (ATES).
Our tidal turbine generation systems consist of MV generators, switchgear, subsea cables and connectors, power converters, balance of plant, a wide range of instrumentation and monitoring systems, actuators and drives, PLC control systems and plant SCADA systems.
The consultant will support electrical and instrumentation workstreams, from detailed design through to FAT, commissioning and in-service support. The consultant will provide the services by completing technical tasks first-hand, specifying tasks for delegation to other ATES engineers, and working with trusted external contractors selected by ATES.
- Work with the Electrical and Control Systems Manager to develop detailed work breakdown and scheduling for electrical tasking to deliver project scope.
- Deliver the tasking efficiently through independent work and managing execution by external suppliers.
- Produce and review documentation such as technical requirement specifications, scopes of work, bases of design, engineering design reports, FMEAs.
- Produce or work with electrical schematics, single line diagrams, power flow analyses, harmonic studies, protection studies, grid code compliance documents, detailed component specifications.
- Specify and review solutions for LV and MV systems, rotating machines, power converters, switchgear, protective devices, transformers, cables, control panels, metering, instrumentation, earthing systems, energy storage systems.
- Support the Validation and Verification process, from requirements definition, through formal design reviews, to FAT and hands-on commissioning.
- Identify and apply relevant regulations, standards and industry practices.
- Consultant with degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, equivalent qualifications or demonstrable electrical power system domain knowledge gained through relevant experience.
- Significant design and build experience as part of a multi-disciplinary team, preferably including electrical power systems, instrumentation and control systems and system modelling.
- Experience in delivering engineering services throughout the project lifecycle; design, build, FAT, installation, commissioning and in-service.
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating electrical engineering functions, managing engineering process and change.
- Proven track record of delivering to time and cost targets and acceptable quality standards.
- Significant experience of verbal and written technical communications including origination and verification of reports and specifications, drawings and other design data, to a very high professional standard.
- Experience of simulation and analysis of electrical power systems.
- Ability to engage with external suppliers of engineering consultancy and manufacturing services.
- Regular travel to subcontractor sites for design reviews and system testing.
- Experience in wind or other renewable energy systems.
- Experience in subsea/offshore power distribution.
- Experience working with the National Grid or a District Network Operator.
- Experience in specifying rotating machines, power converters, switchgear, protection relays, cables, transformers, control panels, instrumentation, earthing systems, equipment control philosophy.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation.
- Experience planning and executing integration, test and commissioning activities.
- Practical skills to investigate, evaluate and debug electrical systems.
- Ability to work with suitably qualified electrical technicians and Senior Authorised Persons to carry out electrical installation works.
If you have any questions about this opportunity please email us at email@example.com.
If you would like to apply, please use the below form.