Programme & Risk Manager
|Location:||Uskmouth Power Station, Newport, Gwent, Wales|
Full Time, Permanent
SIMEC Uskmouth Power
Salary circa £50,000 plus benefits
Listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM since 2014, SIMEC Atlantis Energy is a global developer of renewable energy projects with more than 1,000 megawatts in various stages of development including our flagship tidal stream project, MeyGen, which entered into operations in 2017.
SIMEC Atlantis Energy recently completed the acquisition of the 360MW Uskmouth Power Station in the south of Wales which we intend to convert to run on waste derived energy pellet sourced from non-recyclable materials. This flagship project will take up to 1m tonnes a year of non-recyclable waste and convert it into a sustainable fuel source for energy generation under long term PPA.
We are headquartered in Edinburgh, with offices in London, Singapore, an operations and maintenance base located at Nigg Energy Park in Invergordon, the Uskmouth power plant in Wales and our turbine and engineering services division located in Bristol. We currently employ approximately 100 experienced staff.
Our core business is to develop, finance, construct and operate large scale, sustainable energy projects in the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, North America, Asia and emerging markets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a pioneering company on a rapid growth trajectory with a diverse portfolio of renewable energy projects.
Reporting into the Head of Conversion, the successful candidate will be responsible for end to end programme and risk register management along with all project reporting. The Programme & Risk Manager will be based at the Uskmouth Power Station site at Newport, Wales.
- A project management professional with experience in supporting FEED and EPC Execution
- Experience in developing and maintaining programmes in a multi-disciplinary engineering project environment or multi package construction project environment
- Must have strong leadership, facilitation and planning skills with experience in large industrial projects
- Proficient in MS Project and Primavera for Engineering or Construction Projects
- Project Management professional with 3-5 years leadership experience.
- Qualification in Engineering or Project Management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Facilitates, expedites and stewards each phase of the project to earliest possible completion
- Chairs programme meetings and acts as secretariat
- Prepares, updates and maintains the master project programme incorporating accurate key project milestones, payment milestones and contract interface milestones
- Identifies and sequences key construction activities, identifying and generating contingency schedules and reporting out
- Accurately communicates critical path issues and work around scenarios
- Carries out scheduled risk analysis
- Prepares regular progress reporting
- Reviews contractor’s programme baselines as well as monthly and weekly reports to ensure alignment to the master project programme
- Able to challenge contractors programmes and identify and interpret where contingency lies or activities with high levels of programme risk
- Ensures information provided by contractors in terms of their programmes meets the employer’s requirements
- Works with external contractor’s project planners and Uskmouth Power work package manager to manage programme risk
We will offer you a competitive salary package and the opportunity to join us as a pioneer of Power Generation.
We will provide you with a dynamic environment to challenge your abilities and develop your skills.